Sunday, July 19, 2009

Canon 5D Mark II & NIKKOR 14-24mm f/2.8G ED

After series of wedding shoots, we had a break in the weekend. Thanks to Brian (our associate photographer) organized the BBQ event. At the same time, I wanted to stay away from my work cameras. Therefore, I pulled out my ancient Canon Powershot G5 to play a bit. Although it's super slow, I like its 35mm f/2.0 aperture. It makes me feel like using 35mm @ f/2.8~3.5 on 5D.

If you follow my blog, you should expect our friend, Chadwick, to bring something interesting with him. Yes, he did it again. I expected to see his Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED on 5D Mark II (or 1Ds Mark III) for a long time. If Jessie and I were on Nikon's side, I'm pretty sure we would have that lens in our bags. For the price, it's a deal. However, the lost of auto focus on Canon cameras is a problem to our fast pace assignments.

Some grooms asked me about the matter about Nikon vs Canon. My answer is "We don't really care". Two brands made great tools for getting good images. I don't mind using D700 or D3 to work.

Raymond
www.raymondleung.ca



No comments:

Post a Comment