Sunday, January 31, 2010

Random Work Stuff

Recently, we are busy with meeting new clients and doing some marketing matters. I know I missed a few weekly blog updates...

I hate to wait for shipping. I ordered a Zoom H4N hand held sound recorder and it actually arrived in Canadian Customs 5 days ago. However, it was "just released from customs" in the afternoon of Friday. Other than H4N, I ordered a few PC Sync cords from eBay (because we lost one and broke one in 2009 season). I'm still waiting and waiting... :-(

I found a video from 1D Mark IV with a Tamron 11-16mm f/2.8 (APS-C lens). The result is a bit better than my Sigma 10-20mm on 1D Mark II N. I guess f/2.8 APS-C lens has less dark corners at wide end. If I need something wider than 16mm or 17mm, I don't mind to put Sigma 10-20mm on 1D Mark II N. Canon's 14mm f/2.8L is nice but Jessie and I don't like the unprotected front element.

You can see me using Tamron's lens cap on a Sigma lens, right? It's because Sigma's lens cap is really bad.


Usable wide end starts from 11.5mm (11.5mm x 1.3 = 15mm)


The color came out of this lens is pretty nice (I didn't do too much color correction on this shot). This shot used 11.5mm.


We had less than 2 weeks to finish last wedding's photos because the couple had to go back to Hong Kong last week. The wedding was very traditional Hong Kong style. The set had about 150 group photos!









I hope I can show you the H4N mic next week.

Raymond
www.raymondleung.ca

1 comment:

  1. I love the last pic with the shots on the steps. simply amazing!

    thanks for the inspiration, with my own wedding to plan i will show your blog to my potential pothographer...
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete